In an effort to ensure team members receive the support they need, we offer different options depending on the question or situation.
Getting Support from the People Team
- Ticketing System: Ask any people-related question by tagging @helpdesk in #people-support to use our ticking system. This is your best option to get the fastest response to questions about benefits, reimbursements, stipends, and payroll.
- People Business Partners (PBP): This is the best option when you’re seeking confidentiality and don’t feel comfortable going to your manager. PBPs are a resource for when you may want to confidentially, or anonymously, report an issue in the workplace. They can help answer or support you with any questions, concerns, or feedback about your time at dbt Labs.
Getting Support outside People Team
- Peer Advocate Program: This is the best option when you’re seeking an alternative route to voice feedback or ideas about the company at large. The Peer Advocates Program is designed to provide an alternate route of communication with leadership and the team at large, for employees seeking to get feedback from peers, test ideas, or offer feedback with anonymity.
- Anonymous Hotline: This is your best option to workplace issues or suspected illegal or unethical conduct anonymously. The Anonymous Hotline offers an additional option for anonymous reporting, but please remember you can always reach out to your manager, People Business Partner, Peer Advocates or a member of leadership directly about any issues you are having. See below for more information about how to use the anonymous hotline.
How to Get Support
Learn how to get support here.
Employee Assistance Programs
What is an EAP?
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a voluntary, work-based program that offers free and confidential assessments, short-term counseling, referrals, and follow-up services to employees who have personal and/or work-related problems.
We offer 2 EAP programs.
1. UNUM EAP
UNUM’s EAP call services are eligible for all employees globally. UNUM is also our life and disability provider. In person visits / local support is not currently provided outside the United States.
US - EAP Benefits include:
- Three face‐to‐face visits with a local counselor to help address personal concerns.
- Unlimited and confidential phone/online support
- Access to information and referrals for work/life resources including child care, elder care, legal questions, financial services, relocation support, and more.
- Service extends to employees, their spouses or domestic partners, dependent children (26 and younger), parents and parents-in-law.
2. ADP - LifeCare EAP (US)
ADP - LifeCare EAP services are eligible for US employees only.
How to use an EAP
Learn how to use our EAPs here.
dbt Labs has an anonymous hotline for employees to be able to report workplace issues or suspected illegal or unethical conduct anonymously.
📌 This service is implemented to provide an additional option for anonymous reporting but please remember you can always approach your manager, People Business Partner or a member of leadership team directly about any issues you are having.
- Learn more about other ways you can get support here.
It is important to remember that, dbt Labs has a no-retaliation policy. This means that no team member will be retaliated against for making a complaint in good faith through any of our reporting avenues. If a team member feels they have been retaliated against, they should initiate a report through the anonymous hotline.
How to Initiate a Report
Learn how to initiate a report and what to expect for next steps here.